Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Getting Closer..Tickets bought.....ready to pack....

Well, we are getting closer to our travel date! We can't believe it. AMAZING!! We started our journey about one year ago. It is hard to believe the paperwork trail is winding down and we finally get to meet our daughter face to face and bring her home to join our family.
As far as our travel plans..... We purchased our plane tickets yesterday for Taiwan. Eric completed a travel itinerary form for our agency so they can book our hotel and our driver to and from the airport. I have been working on getting a few gifts together for Emma Szu Yu's social worker, her foster parents and the lady who is the Taiwan program facilitator. I still need to wrap these, work on a list of questions to ask her foster parents when we meet them (foods Emma likes, doesn't like, her normal routine, bedtime, etc.) and then of course, pack! I will work on these projects this weekend and next week. The next few days we have Easter parties at preschool and then Easter services at 12 stone this weekend so the next few days will be busy. We didn't get an update from St. Lucy's for February so our last pictures of Emma were taken in November. So, I guess the next time we see her will be in person on April 1st. We can't wait to see her and meet her! Please continue to pray for her and for all of the changes she will be facing in the coming weeks. I know at her age this can be very stressful and overwhelming. We are praying her foster parents have prepared her well with our family album we sent and that she has some idea of what to expect. We appreciate all of your prayers during the journey and thank you ahead of time for your prayers for our trip and the time of transition in the next few weeks. So exciting!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'm so excited for your family! I hope your trip goes smoothly and meeting little Emma goes well, too.

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com