Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Our first full day with Emma

I hope you are all sleeping good tonight. IT is 3:53 in the PM here.. Emma and Eric are taking a nap. I rested a while and then got up to check email. We have had a good day overall today. Emma slept great last night..not a peep all night. We had to leave t he hotel at 7 for our appt. at AIT for her passport/visa. It was a long appointment. She did great though. She enjoyed the time with BaBa and Mama as she calls us at AIT. It took about two hours. We took toys and they had some there. After AIT we came back to the room to play. She loves all the toys we brought, the coloring books and construction paper and stickers --mom,the hello kitty coloring book you sent is a HUGE hit!! She loves it. We played for a long time and then went for lunch. She didn't want to go eat....she was getting tired for a nap...I think she told me that but of course, with our language barrier I didn't get it. So...lunch wasn't too great. She wouldn't eat. Then about ten minutes into lunch she got in my lap and went SOUND to sleep. Eric had to carry her back to the hotel (about 1/2 mile or so) and she slept the whole walk back. :) He didn't mind it though. I think he was proud to hold her. She has napped this afternoon. So, hopefully she will be feeling better when she gets up. I am sure this has been very emotionally draining on her..although she has handled it like a trooper. I stand amazed! Thank you God. :)
We have another appt. in the AM to pick up her passport. Then we are done with appts. and free to site see until we leave.
I am excited about bringing her home. I am ready for her to join our entire family soon! Not to mention I am missing my sweet boys in a HUGE way! :)
Thank you for all of your sweet comments and emails. I love getting them. Your prayers have been so felt. Continue to keep us and Emma Szu Yu in your prayers as we mesh together as a family.
More pictures soon...my picture uploader is napping (aka Eric).

6 comments:

Drew Porterfield said...

Hey Echols!

I’m so excited for you guys. Know that Stef and I are joining you in the joy of your journey to bring that sweet (and fortunate) little girl home! Can’t wait to meet her and see you guys.

Travel safe and we’ll see you when you get home!

Drew

Jamie Dease Gosdin said...

Eric.

I am so excited for you all. That is awesome and I am just jumping up and down for you three right now. Be safe and love the stories.

Jamie

Julee said...

I am following your updates with great anticipation....thanks for including me in your awesome journey! After you have all had time to get settled and acquainted as a family, I would love to meet little Emma. I am praying for a smooth transition home and with Samuel and Wilson as they adjust to life with a sister!

Lots of love, prayers, and hugs,
Julee

Stephanie said...

I am so excited for you guys! And the kids are excited too! Especially Lara! She is looking at all the pictures and is so excited to see that "Emma has them now!" :)

Love you all and we'll see you soon!
S

Leigh Ann said...

I am so thrilled to read this post, You guys are awesome and Blessed be the Lord!

Unknown said...

Hey Ya'll!!! Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop with all of your exciting news and happenings!

We are both just beaming with joy seeing you all so happy and thrilled to finally have your sweet daughter in your arms to bring home.
I had one older brother- still have scars*** Love to all- Erin and Jim
and Albert