Sunday, March 30, 2008

Touring Taipei





We had a fun day today exploring so many places in Taipei. The morning started with lots and lots of rain. Our first stop was to buy an umbrella. We started with one but the rain increased and soon we were stopping to buy another umbrella. After we had umbrellas in hand we hit Starbucks. So good!! It was amazing to me when they served my coffee in a mug....a real mug..not a paper cup like they do at home. After Starbucks we went to a few stores in what they call the outlet shop area. During our walk we saw a street sweeper with a broom using a handmade broom. It was the coolest looking thing. I couldn't resist taking a few pictures of it. It looked like a scene from a movie. Then to McDonald's for a coke and a rest from the rain. We met up with another couples who is here adopting and had lunch with them. Then the four of us headed to the Jade Market. I loved the Jade Market. There were so many booths of jewelry and other gorgeous items. The Jade was so pretty..I could have gone totally crazy in there but I kept it under control! I bought a few things for me, my mom and my mother in law. Then we headed to a flower market. Wow! Such beautiful flowers with vibrant colors--orchids, amaryllis and pretty pink daisies. Then off to the traditional night market. I have never seen so many booths of strange food in all my life. I saw foods and smelled smells I had never experienced in my life. I didn't act like the guy on "Strange Foods" on the Travel Channel and order any beating hearts..I scooped out the weird foods but didn't sample. Sorry..I am a little wimpy in the eating intestines or stinky tofu area. We saw so many interesting things today. I had a ball. My feet are so tired....time for bed soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric and Nicole:

Is great to be able to share with you two this unique experience. I feel I'm there, thanks for sharing and GOD bless you. Keep us updated and, OK with me if you skip the odd food, I would too :)

Eileen

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! XOXO

Unknown said...

Hi Eric & Nicole,
Thanks for updating your blog and giving us your "play by play"...it's like we're with you!! I am thrilled for you guys and can't wait to meet Emma. You are all in my prayers.

~Kari Barnes

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to here more! I'll pass the link onto the 12Stone staff :)
Lindi

Anonymous said...

Eric & Nicole,
Great pics! It is so good to see the Lord unfolding your new journey. Tell "Emma" that we are all waiting on her!

Shannon